The Pennsylvania Education Summit: Building a Pathway to College and Career Success will gather business leaders, teachers, school superintendents, curriculum specialists, post-secondary education professors and administrators; state lawmakers, legislative staff, executive agency professionals, workforce investment board members and staff, and other education stakeholders for a civil conversation on the public policy required to ensure our Commonwealth’s young people are “career and college ready.” The Pennsylvania Education Summit will highlight and support the efforts of the Corbett Administration and Pennsylvania General Assembly to design and implement education reforms that increase quality and accountability in Pennsylvania’s K-12 education system.
The Pennsylvania Education Summit is co-sponsored by the Pennsylvania Business Council Education Foundation, Team Pennsylvania Foundation, and Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children with the support of generous sponsors.
The event will be held at the Harrisburg Hilton on Thursday, June 13 and features a greeting by Governor Corbett and remarks by Cabinet members, senior lawmakers, education leaders, and business executives.
“Scholarships” have been provided by our generous sponsors. There is NO CHARGE to attend if you are a Team PA Foundation board director or investor; Pennsylvania lawmaker; legislative staff member; school board member; employee of a Pennsylvania executive agency or commission; teacher or other employee of a Pennsylvania public, private, charter school or intermediate unit; post-secondary instructor or administrator; or employee of a local workforce investment board; or employee of an education-related non-profit. Not sure if you qualify? Call Ashley at PBC Education Foundation at 717-232-8700 to check.
- Education as an Investment in the Community
- What it means to be “Career Ready” in the 21st Century
- Ensuring “Readiness” for Post-Secondary education
- Education as an Imperative
- Getting Pennsylvania Schools Ready for Common Core and Keystones
For more information contact Ashley Parsells at PBC Education Foundation, 717-232-8700.
View a complete agenda and register online at one of the following links.
Scholarship Registration (you must qualify, categories below)
- Team PA Foundation board director or investor
- Pennsylvania lawmaker
- Legislative staff member
- School board member
- Employee of a Pennsylvania executive agency or commission
- Teacher or other employee of a Pennsylvania public, private, charter school or intermediate unit
- Post-secondary instructor or administrator
- Employee of a local workforce investment board
- Employee of an education-related non-profit.