- Best Places to Work in PA: Team Pennsylvania is the Founding Partner and Lead Sponsor of BPTW in Pennsylvania. Designed to recognize great businesses, the program ranks medium-sized and large-sized companies.
- Career Readiness in Pennsylvania: There is already a strong foundation of career readiness activities in many regions of Pennsylvania. We hope to scale, sustain, and enhance current programs – addressing needs, building on strengths, and benchmarking to national best practices. Our theory of change involves a two-pronged approach: a regional strategy coupled with state level leadership.
The application process for Career Readiness Mini-Grants available for the 2018-19 school year is currently underway with a deadline of June 25th.
- Implementation of ESSA: Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) is a bipartisan measure that reaffirms the country’s commitment to equal opportunity for all students. Education experts in Pennsylvania have joined forces to determine the best course of action for implementation.
- Next Gen Sector Strategies: In collaboration with Next Generation Sector Partnership experts, Team Pennsylvania is focused on building formal partnerships to address the workforce and other competitiveness needs of targeted industries.
- Teacher & Principal Evaluation System: After recognizing the shortcomings of the previous evaluation system, PDE developed and implemented a new statewide teacher evaluation system.
- Advisory Commission on Postsecondary Education: A group of more than 30 education and industry leaders from across the commonwealth collaborated to make recommendations to provide a roadmap for postsecondary education for the next decade.
- Pennsylvania Core Standards: PA Core Standards are a set of rigorous, high-quality expectations in English Language Arts and Mathematics that all students should master by the end of each grade level.
- Industry Partnership Initiative: Originated by Team PA and administered by the PA Department of Labor & Industry, this initiative convened leaders from industries across the state to discuss workforce issues and map solutions to enhance employee productivity.
- Pennsylvania STEM Initiative: The Pennsylvania STEM Initiative was an education partnership between Team PA and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in order to increase the number of students entering STEM-related careers.